Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Step by step guide : DIY Greentea toner/mask


As most of you should probably know,
I had a sudden outburst of pimples.


Mainly due to stress + unsuitable makeup products + OR stomach/lung irritation.
(p.s. I got the stomach/lung irritation from acne face mapping.)
(I'll talk more about acne face mapping in my coming entry!)
And, I've been raving about finding an awesome cure for it in my
And yep, it is GREENTEA!
It is so effective and I am going to show you how.



Firstly, this is the Green tea I used and gave me results.
I believe you can purchase any other greentea, they should work the same.


Secondly, you'll need a container to keep the tea in.
I personally prefer a small container, so as to remind me to drink green tea everyday.
Otherwise, I'll be out of tea to put on my face. Heh. Discipline.
Furthermore, I think it's better to have fresher tea, I suppose.
But since it's an anti-oxidant, it shouldn't matter if you keep it in your fridge for a couple of days.


Next, you can start making your tea!
Pour hot water just enough to cover the tea bag.
You want your toner to be concentrated.
(p.s. I am not using the same tea as above. I ran out of it this morning.)
(The result was too amazing, both my sister and I kept making tea. -.-)


Pour the tea into your container! And put it into the fridge!
(Hello, wait till it's not so hot. Don't scald yourself.)


That's me doing a demo. LOL!
Sorry, that was 2 nights ago after I shower.
So, I was in my nightie. Omg, *shy*.


Directions

Soak your cotton pad with chilled Green tea.
Use it like a toner.
And leave it to dry on your skin.
Do not wash off. Your skin will absorb it.

Do a patch thingie on very bad area of your skin 
(like the picture above),
and leave it to dry, or go to sleep.

Alternatively,
you can buy those mask sheets, soak the entire sheet w greentea,
and mask yourself with it!

--

The results are AMAZING I swear.
Look.
 See the whole white square patch.
WHITENING.
(p.s. You may envy my eyeslashes. *blink blink blink*)
(p.s.s Quit staring at my eyebrows.)


Green tea contains a high level of antioxidants effective in preventing acne, as the antioxidants fight against free radicals that damage cells and tissues. Green tea is also known for its antibacterial properties that work against propionibacterium, the bacteria that causes acne. By fighting against acne causing bacteria, green tea reduces skin inflammation keeping it calm. Green tea also helps in stabilizing hormone activity, which also keeps acne in control.  [Source]

Other than putting Green Tea on your face,
remember to drink it everyday!

Let's all work towards beautiful and healthy skin!
^^





No comments:

Post a Comment