Monday, December 14, 2009

"Why does my friend have smelly armpits?"

This might be an enigma that frequents in your head.
Now, I am here clear your doubts.

-

First off, why do I even bother to blog about such matters yea?
Well, I thought it would be interesting, yet beneficial to my readers! Heh. So, I'm going to blog about such stuffs as often as possible, so we can all increase a little bit of our general knowledge. Peace!

-

Anyway, the pungent scent of a person I have to endure for a long period of time drove me into the need of researching about this topic. I was in the train, and I need to sit down, as it was a long long journey to a roadshow I was working for. This man that stinks real bad sat down beside me, I almost died, but was really unwilling to forsake my seat. (He alighted at the same stop as me, Jurong East. -.- )





So so. Why do armpits stink?


Basically, there are two kinds of sweat glands in the human body, the Apocrine glands, which secrete a milky fluid from the hair follicles, and the eccrine glands, which are the source of most perspiration. The sweat from the eccrine glands is water and is odourless. The small amount of Apocrine secretion in the sweat, however, causes the problem.


Although fresh apocrine sweat is also odourless, it develops a smell when the sweat is broken down by the hair and skin cells in the armpit, and then eaten by bacteria. It's actually the bacteria that make the smell, releasing a chemical called 3-methyl-2-hexenoic acid. Which is the supposed smelly sour smell! Ughh!


Gross yes? I know. So, if your close friends or yourself, stink.
There are a few things you can do about it.
  1. Shave
  2. Change your diet into veggie diet
  3. Shower more often than usual
  4. Google for some home remedy

Well, I would say it will be really embarrassing, especially in social circumstances, if you have smelly pits. So, any/every one who is reading this, please do something about you/your friend's pits - if they are smelly that is.


Let there be no smelly pits from now on.
Saving the noses of mankind, be it in buses, clubs or the mrt.
Cheers! =)


No comments:

Post a Comment