Thursday, November 12, 2009

"What did you do on Halloween (eve)?"

"Don't tell you leh, secret."
Haha! It's already 1 and a half weeks past Halloween (eve). I am finally here to blog. Note, it's about Halloween eve, and not Halloween itself. Heh. Feels that it makes more sense to blog about the eve first yea? Since I blogged about the Halloween shopping previously.


Anyway. I bet most of you people celebrate Halloween just because everyone else is doing so eh? Let me give you guys some background information about Halloween. At least it makes this little "celebration" thingie a little more meaningful.


The word itself, "Halloween," actually has its origins in the Catholic Church. It comes from a contracted corruption of All Hallows Eve. November 1, "All Hollows Day" (or "All Saints Day"), is a Catholic day of observance in honor of saints. But, in the 5th century BC, in Celtic Ireland, summer officially ended on October 31. The holiday was called Samhain (sow-en), the Celtic New year.

One story says that, on that day, the disembodied of all those who had died throughout the preceding year would come back in search of living bodies to possess for the next year. It was believed to be their only hope for the afterlife. The Celts believed all laws of space and time were suspended during this time, allowing the spirit world to intermingle with the living.

Naturally, the still-living did not want to be possessed. So on the night of October 31, villagers would extinguish the fires in their homes, to make them cold and undesirable. They would then dress up in all manner of ghoulish costumes and noisily paraded around the neighborhood, being as destructive as possible in order to frighten away spirits looking for bodies to possess.

Credits: http://wilstar.com/holidays/hallown.htm



Anyway, I went to 3 clubs on Halloween's Eve. First, Rebel, then to Zouk, and lastly to Rebel. Actually, I didn't plan to club during the eve of Halloween. But being an avid Sabai-er, I had to. As, they celebrate Halloween on the 30th, rather than the convention 31st.


Audrey was the first to be there. So, poor her have to sit alone and spot the red me.


"I wore red, as it shouts me!"



The devil with the teacher.










And then, we finally met up with Winnie and Celeste outside Rebel.



Runaway bride, Cat, Teacher, Devil.



I have a matching camera! =)



Then, Winnie had this crazy idea to draw a heart each on our faces.












Told you it's a runaway bride.
See that pair of sneakers!?



Celeste was damn hot!


Then soon after, Celeste and Winnie rushed off to Sabai to get their table..
And, Apple came to look for us (with Glenn).









He stole our props!








And after eating the chicken wings (erhemmm!! %^@&!#*) Raymond bought for us,
we went toilet, and off to Zouk! Lol!!



There was many people in costumes, probably because, most people don't celebrate on the eve.
But, outside this club, nearest to the Taxi Stand. People were fully dressed up!











We skipped the queue and board a random cab!
Lol! =)


And Shuana was at Zouk!!



Apple's kiss.



My kiss.
Mine's damn lousy.
Can't really see the marks eh?
Maybe it's because I had my lips matte, whereas Apple topped gloss over hers.
Or simply because I ate alot of my lipstick. -.-






Horny horny.



We kinda look very much alike in this picture, no?
It's so funny.
When both of us club together, and meet new people,
they'll usually ask if you are related.
Twins or sisters. Haha!



The girl at the background looks like an angel with us dressed like so in the foreground.
-.-



Can tell that it was warm yea?
I tied up my hair, Audrey changed into a racerback, and Apple took off her jacket.
It was real stuffy I swear. >.<
Bumped into my friend.





So, that's it for my Halloween's Eve.



Will blog about my Halloween on the next entry!
^^
Probably tomorrow!
Tata!


To see the rest of the pictures, click : 103009. Eve of Halloween.


Click on the ads! TY.

No comments:

Post a Comment