Thursday, May 6, 2010

Step by step guide : Hair.


This is a simple guide about how I manage my hair.
Might not be 100% "right", but this is how I do my hair.
Feel free to share how you manage your hair,
or ask any questions on the commenting box below.


Select the right type of shampoo for your hair.
Since my hair is "extremely coloured",
I use hair products that target on coloured hair.

I am using LO'real Professionnel's Vitamino Colour range.



Hair treatment mask.
If you feel that your hair needs the extra moisture/protection,
my tip is that you can substitute conditioner with mask.



Wrap your hair with a small towel,
and allow your hair to absorb the nutrients from the mask.
The idea of wrapping your hair with a towel as to leaving it in the open is,
to trap the heat within.
 The heat will aid in the absorption of the nutrients into the hair cuticle.

Leave it on for a minimum of 15mins.
You can do your nails/epilate your underarms/trim your brows..
as you do your hair mask.
(15-30mins beauty fix!)



Wash the mask off using cold water,
to "lock in" whatever nutrients that was absorbed.
Then, towel dry your hair.



After towel-drying your hair,
apply serum/leave on conditioner/smoothing cream to your hair.
I am using the serum/smoothing cream from LO'real Professionnel.
 2-3 pumps would be enough (IMO).

What I do is that,
I section my hair into two sides, left and right.
1 pump of product on each side.
And 1 extra pump to be spread evenly across the top.

Do note to not apply to much product on the top,
as to avoid greasy looking or limp hair.
Furthermore, the newer grown hair shouldn't be as damaged as the ends.



Blow dry your hair with a hairdryer.
It'll be best to use a hairdryer with a narrow nozzle thingie.
The pressed air, together with the downward motion of hair drying,
will give your hair a healthy shine.



Never leave home with limp fringe!
Having the top section of my hair rebonded,
my fringe is damn straight.
A slight curl/wave on the fringe can be achieve by
positioning the straightener like how I am doing the above picture.

(Your hair that is after the straightener should look like "/" from the side.
I.e. It should look like a square root w/o the tail.
Note to not rest the straightener at one position for too long!
Drag forward at a constant speed.)
If you don't have naturally tame fringe,
you can first straighten it the usual way.
Then, use the method mentioned above.


And the last step is to accessorize accordingly.
=)



Tip: You can use the "bending straightener" method (from step7),
to lightly curl the top sides, and ends of the hair 
to create a natural texture/movement to your hair.


Feel free to share how you manage your hair,
or ask any questions
on the commenting box below.


^^


No comments:

Post a Comment